Apply Now to the Cleveland International Piano Competition
We welcome pianists ages 18-32 to apply to the Cleveland International Piano Competition. Age is determined by your age on August 10, 2024. All applications must be submitted through Acceptd.
- Concert Experience, including past competitions and prizes
- Concerto Repertoire and Experience
- Current and Past Teachers
- Personal Narratives, including:
- Your interest in the CIPC and how it fits into your artistic goals
- Your career objectives and interests outside of the piano
- Your application program and why you chose these pieces for your application
- Please note: all answers will be evaluated on content, not on English proficiency.
- Recommendations (2x), including current teacher
- Please share this document with your recommenders that outlines what we are looking for in a recommendation letter. Recommendations must be submitted by 11:59 PM on December 22, 2023.
- Include at least two pieces of diverse styles
- One selection must be by Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven or Schubert. Applicants are welcome to record a single sonata movement or a full sonata.
- Second selection must be a piece that displays virtuosity
You will be asked to submit the following information through our online application system.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
20-25 minutes of music
Applicants are highly encouraged to submit 1-2 additional videos of live performances from within the last three years (concerto performances may be included).
Your audition video should be a recording made within the last year. It is recommended to use at least one external microphone when recording audition videos to ensure the highest quality recording possible.
All audition videos must be recorded in one take.
Deadlines and Application Fees
November 15, 2023
December 15, 2023
Questions about this year’s Competition?
Contact Corey Knick, Artist & Production Manager, at [email protected]