Donate an Instrument
To donate an instrument, please click on the drop-down menus below to read the eligibility requirements.
Have a piano to donate?
- Pianos must meet the following conditions:
- Studio, vertical or upright pianos from 43″-52″ (118-132cm) tall, overall height from floor.
- Grand pianos from 5′ 1″ – 7′ (156-215cm) long from front of keyboard to tail.
- In good playing condition .
- Well maintained.
- All pianos that meet the eligibility requirements above will be examined by our partners at Steinway Piano Gallery Cleveland in person* to ensure the quality of the instrument before the donation is accepted.
- All donors of accepted instruments will receive a letter for tax purposes. If the piano is estimated to be worth over $5,000, it will be the responsibility of the owner to have the instrument appraised by our Steinway partners at the cost of $150.
*Any in-person inspections will strictly follow local health and safety guidelines with masks required
Have a digital keyboard to donate?
- Keyboards must be in good working and physical condition and have 88 weighted keys. Please note: we do not accept keyboards that are less than 88 keys or are un-weighted.
- All eligible keyboards will be examined by a staff member of Piano Cleveland before the donation is accepted. This may happen virtually or in person.
- All donors of accepted instruments will receive a letter for tax purposes.